Pizza is a staple at our house. I mean, we have the stuff at least once a week. Since we haven't found a great place to get pizza around here, we often make it ourselves.
Last week, I decided to use up some pizza dough that I had in the freezer (by the way, this dough keeps in the freezer so well!).
You can see just how much we love pizza here at the test nest.
My idea was to use a lot of the fresh veggies we had around from the farmer's market. I had onions, peppers, green onions, and cherry tomatoes.
Once I got my dough rolled out, I went to the pantry to find some marinara sauce (which is what we use for pizza sauce around my house). Did we have any? Of course not.
What we did have, though, was one of my husband's grocery store mess-ups. Rotel Tomato Sauce. I had been wanting to make salsa and required a can of the original stuff, but, you know. Things happen. There are lots of choices at the grocery store and sometimes the wrong choice gets made.
I might have been slightly ticked at the time, but after I made this pizza, I was wonderfully, gloriously happy. Thanks, husband!
|Here's my pizza, fresh out of the oven.|
What makes this pizza so tasty?
The mingling of the flavors, my friend.
Chicken Fajita Pizza(all measurements are approximate)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Pizza dough of your choice
1 can Rotel brand tomato sauce
dash of salt
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup sliced red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
1/2 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
10 cherry tomatoes
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions, finely chopped
crumbled queso fresco
1. Roll pizza dough out to desired thickness and place on a sprayed cookie sheet or pizza pan.
2. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the crust and sprinkle lightly with salt
3. Cover pizza with Rotel Tomato Sauce (We used about 1/2 a can)
4. Spread the rest of the ingredients (except cilantro) on top of crust and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is brown and crusty.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and green onion
6. Dine and enjoy!
Post a Comment
Leave us a message! Tell us what you think!